Community Forum

Comcast increased my bill by $60/month. No additional services. Internet only!

Contributor

Comcast increased my bill by $60/month. No additional services. Internet only!

My bill was supposed to be $34.99 and you sneakily started charging me 39.99 I didn't say anything.  But when you raise my bill by $60, how exactly do you justify this?

Here's the thing, for all 12 months out of my 1 year contract I didn't actually have reliable service!!  Your lines were rotted and leaking data.   I was supposed to be getting the Blast service but never actually had it.   I exchanged the modem three times before a serviceman finally came out to check the lines.  He started hacking peoples lines and disconnecting our service with no warning.  The regional manager who was in my neighborhood, finally after 10 months of me calling at least twice a month,  inspecting all of the lines explained to me that the reason I was having so many issues with disconnects, and going hours at a time several times a week with no service,  dealing with download speeds of 5 MBPS when i did have service when I'm paying for 105 MBPS, missing work because I have ZERO upload and I am required to upload photos and videos, he said it was because the lines had not been repaired in 25 years.  He said the whole block had data leaks.  The lines had water damage from cracks through and through, he said one node was a fire hazard because vines and trees had grown inside the components....

FINALLY in January of this year the issue was corrected.  The whole team went out there and rewired out entire neighborhood.

Apparently comcast thinks I should pay the salary forthe whole team as a result.

Listen, I'm Autistic.  I don't have the luxury of being able to run out and find a job like you do.  I work from home, and we live in America were only the elite and illegals have access to healthcare, dental, food and financial assistance.  I'm independent with no help and I make an average of $250 a week.  Can YOU imagine paying YOUR bills on $250 a week? Now tell me some <Edited for vilating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> is going to tell you he's raising your cost of living by 135% and if you can't afford it, he's taking it away, how would you feel?

I handcraft items for Etsy.  Without internet I have no job.  It looks to me like you intend to take it away because there is no way I can afford this bill.  I spoke to someone on Twitter who said it's my own fault for signing the contract.  He says there are no specials in my area and if I want internet then i must pay $100+ for it.  I don't care about a contract that I never read or signed, and if I did sign it it was because there is no other internet in town.  This is WRONG!!

m_5adc93b33afbbd1a378d40b4.jpeg
Contributor

Re: Comcast increased my bill by $60/month. No additional services. Internet only!

I have 12 months of documentation to show my poor connection which was not 105 MPBS download and 12 MBPS upload, and the way Comcast continued to pass it off as modem issues instead of checking the lines!  

Untitled.jpg
Contributor

Re: Comcast increased my bill by $60/month. No additional services. Internet only!

Comcast is fully aware of the issues in the lines.  You didn't honor your contract for the entire year yet you want to raise my bill by $60 and expect me to honor it?

Untitled2.jpg
Contributor

"Comcasts agreement is to be honored" yet the customer is not.  

Untitled3.jpg
Contributor

And still no resolution.  It seems it's easier to ignore a 20+ year customer than to correct the issue.

It would seem I am better off moving to AT&T.

Administrator

@Kayenet,

I apologize for the confusion with your bill and for any Internet speed issues you may have experienced. I am happy to discuss what and why your bill may have changed if you can please verify your account. To verify your account please send me a private message with your name, your account number, your phone number, and your address. 

For your Internet concerns, how are you testing your speed. Unfortunately, no Internet service provider can guarantee speed on WiFi as there are so many factors that can effect speed. We always recommend connecting your computer directly to the modem with an Ethernet cable and testing your speed that way. Once directly connected, what speed are you receiving when testing at http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ ?