Community Forum

Comcast extortion for pro-installation

New Poster

Comcast extortion for pro-installation

I moved. I got onto the site to initiate the transfer. They wanted $40 for 'installation.' I was outraged. I got onto chat and got into a back and forth battle over this. Initially they wanted to do 'credit' which means I would have had to pay an overall large initial bill. I hate that kind of stuff. My new residence is a large apartment building of which the coax is already installed! (I used to be a cable guy). Finally the rep on chat said I would not be charged for the install. It comes move day, and I'm still using the city wide xfinitywifi. 5 days go by, and I finally plug in my modem. I get a public IP address for a few moments, and suddenly everything turns off. The xfinitywifi goes down, and I can't log into myxfinity app, and says basically 'you have no account' I call up and get transferred to Latin America, then to some Tier 1 pleb. I ask about this 'pro-install,' and he states that there have never been services at this location, and a tech must come out. I state this is a new large apartment building of which the coax is already installed, there's a leviton box in the closet. I already pluged in my modem and it's ranging. I inquire if the people after me will be forced to pay this and he said no. I interject that I am being extorted to pay for an imaginary bridge then. I ask to talk to someone else. I get transfered to tech support who agrees with me "if the coax is installed there should be no reason for a tech, but i have no control for sales as I see no services in your account" So they transfer me back to sales to some other Tier 1 Samantha, or Becky. I forget. I explain the situation and she says "oh wow we don't have any services for you" I simply state: "I want what I had at my previous residence" she states "I don't have that information" and tries scam me into the bundle I become outraged in how that is possible...finally she digs it out; the $60 200M Blast No modem what I had before. She asks specifically 'are you doing the install yourself?' I stated yes... she sends me the a text message with the corresponding details, and I click I agree. As soon as I do that she says "Ohhhh we need to send a technician out that will be $89.99" Once again I flipped out. told Felecia to shove it.

So coincidence that I plug in my modem and they shut me down? 5 or so different people lying and scaming me out of $80 for no reason. It's just sad. Century Link is pre-wired with fiber, I am looking to go that way at this point.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Comcast extortion for pro-installation

Hello hypnosb, I would be happy to look into this for you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert