Community Forum

Comcast damaged my sprinkler system that must be repaired as a result

New Poster

Comcast damaged my sprinkler system that must be repaired as a result

Hello,

Several months back, Comcast sent two workers out to our neighborhood to bury a conduit holding various cables for television and WiFi for the neighborhood (it had been above ground for years before this time).  When we activated our sprinkler system in June, the technicians for the irrigation company noticed that there were problems with the sprinkler zone where Comcast had buried the cable.  After more than two months of troubleshooting by the irrigation company, they have now determined that they will have to completey rebuild the sprinkler system due to the extensive damage caused by Comcast's burying of the cable (the shovels used by Comcast punctured the sprinkler system in many different locations and must be replaced since the damage is to great to repair).  How can I get Comcast to pay for these repairs?

Thanks,

Bill

Expert

Re: Comcast damaged my sprinkler system that must be repaired as a result

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

beubanks23, welcome to our community! I'd be happy to help take a look at this further with you and find a resolution. To get started, please send me a PM with your first and last name. Thank you! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

beubanks23, I think saying that the entire system must be replaced is a bit much.  Of course it can be repaired, even if they cut through 3 or 4 lines, you just dig them out and patch those lines.  They certainly don't need to put in new sprinkler heads, valve boxes, and drains, and a new sprinkler controller.  However, they did cut through one of mine as well.  Lets face it, how are they supposed to know where the sprinkler lines are under the ground and work around them?  They can't so they occasionally get cut and then they have to be repaired when it happens.  I got a service ticket to have mine repaired, I called several times, and was always told it would be fixed in a day or two.  After two months and a dead lawn, I had it fixed myself and I will send them the bill.  If they don't pay it I will file it in small claims.  I'll see how it goes.  But my grass is greening up.