Community Forum

Comcast cut my service; wants me to pay to fix

New Poster

Comcast cut my service; wants me to pay to fix

Today Comcast came out and dug around my “phone box” in the front yard, presumably by me, to burry the cable they have running across the top of my yard over to the neighbors box!
They did dig around, did not burry the cable, and left without me having service to my house. I did an online chat and they said they could send out a tech to fix the issue in 2 days for $70! They want me to pay $70 for their own people’s mistake? And they want me to wait to have my service repaired. I thought their were people on call for this type of situation. Instead I have a torn up front yard, cable still laying on top of it and no service! Is there anyway to get this fixed before Weds evening (today is Monday)? Talking to them they will credit my account $70 to offset the $70 charge, but I’m still out of service from Monday afternoon till Weds night. My wife works from home and my kids have school work.
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Comcast cut my service; wants me to pay to fix

There’s no charge for outside repairs. There aren’t any “on call” techs for that type of repair only something that would have widespread effect, call again to check for cancellations

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Comcast cut my service; wants me to pay to fix

Thank you. I appreciate the input. I understand that things happen, I’m just frustrated they drove away today without it being fixed. I will check to see if any earlier appointments are available.