Community Forum

Comcast customer since 1990

New Poster

Comcast customer since 1990

Hi,

I have been a comcast customer since 1990.

I'd like to have the same or better service for the same price - can someone from Comcast help me retain me as a customer?

More details:

Every year for at least the past 8 years I've had to call in and negotiate my service and rates.

Comast raised my rates by > 10% in 1 year (from $220/mo to more than $240/mo) with NO service improvement.

For the most part, Comcast has been helpful, until today.

Last year I upgraded my service and negotiated a rate of $220/mo (bottom line) for Xfinity voice, high speed internet and 2 HD DVR's.

My wife and I really like the Xfinity features and user interface - it's really outstanding integrating Netflix with other premium service providers (HBO, Showtime, etc)

I've shown friends some of the cool features and apps (sports scores on the side while my wife watches chic flicks) & speech recognition in the remote as well as a very smart DVR. The only feature I wish they would bring back is Picture in Picture (to allow up to 4 channels like some of Comcast's competitors have.)

While I'm an advocate for Comcast and their services, I can't believe that with Google, Verizon, DirectTV, Hulu, netflix and each of the premium services offering their own access, that Comcast isn't interested in keeping me as a customer.  

This morning when I spoke with Customer Solutions and expressed the above info, Vincent said he coud not offer any value that was equal to or better than what I currently have l (he did offer that I could pay $10 more per month than last year but have less services.)

Can someone from Comcast provide me (and other long time customers) something to keep us?

Tom

Official Employee

Re: Comcast customer since 1990

Hi tsatiyeh,  thank you for reaching out and I can assist going over current promotions for you and see if there is anyway to save you monthly.  To get started could you please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number)?

Thank you