Community Forum

Comcast collections

New Poster

Comcast collections

How do you get ahold of Comcast collections? I got a disconnect notice in December and never paid, then they kept billing me for Jan-Apr and apparently never cut the service off even though no payments were ever received. Now they have me with a 2,000 bill and they are crazy if they think i am paying for Jan-Apr when it was to be disconnected in december!! I need answers and a resolution to this ASAP
Expert

Re: Comcast collections

@VanillaDream85 wrote:
How do you get ahold of Comcast collections? I got a disconnect notice in December and never paid, then they kept billing me for Jan-Apr and apparently never cut the service off even though no payments were ever received. Now they have me with a 2,000 bill and they are crazy if they think i am paying for Jan-Apr when it was to be disconnected in december!! I need answers and a resolution to this ASAP

A disconnect is different from a cancelation.  If you received a disconnect notice for non-payment you still owe the money.  Here again, if you didn't call in to cancel your service, the fees for Jan-Apr are valid and you still owe the money, especially if you were in a contract.  If you have any equipment and didn't turn it in, you would also be charged for the equipment you kept.  If you were in a contract you would probably also be charged an Early Termination Fee.

So, the ~$2000 charge is valid and needs to be paid.  FWIW, since the account has been turned over to collections, the non-payment is now affecting your credit score.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!