Community Forum

Comcast collections

New Poster

Comcast collections

How do you get ahold of Comcast collections? I got a disconnect notice in December and never paid, then they kept billing me for Jan-Apr and apparently never cut the service off even though no payments were ever received. Now they have me with a 2,000 bill and they are crazy if they think i am paying for Jan-Apr when it was to be disconnected in december!! I need answers and a resolution to this ASAP
Expert

Re: Comcast collections

@VanillaDream85 wrote:
How do you get ahold of Comcast collections? I got a disconnect notice in December and never paid, then they kept billing me for Jan-Apr and apparently never cut the service off even though no payments were ever received. Now they have me with a 2,000 bill and they are crazy if they think i am paying for Jan-Apr when it was to be disconnected in december!! I need answers and a resolution to this ASAP

A disconnect is different from a cancelation.  If you received a disconnect notice for non-payment you still owe the money.  Here again, if you didn't call in to cancel your service, the fees for Jan-Apr are valid and you still owe the money, especially if you were in a contract.  If you have any equipment and didn't turn it in, you would also be charged for the equipment you kept.  If you were in a contract you would probably also be charged an Early Termination Fee.

So, the ~$2000 charge is valid and needs to be paid.  FWIW, since the account has been turned over to collections, the non-payment is now affecting your credit score.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.