Community Forum

Comcast changed my phone number

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast changed my phone number

I have been a customer since 2004 and when I changed my channel line-up, the agent I dealt with changed my landline number without telling me.  No one seems to be able to help me to get the old number back.  I have spent hours on the phone and had all sorts of different promises about when it was to be done.  I want my old phone number back!  I don't want excuses; I want my phone number back.

New Poster

Re: Comcast changed my phone number

It would be really nice to have a response and some help; nothing like ignoring a customer with a concern and a request for assistance.

New Poster

Phone number changed without my knowledge

I would like assistance in getting my original phone number restored.  I have spoken with multiple people and got multiple stories/explainations about what happened, when it will be restored, and why there is a problem.  I want this resolved!

Expert

@DW06 wrote:

It would be really nice to have a response and some help; nothing like ignoring a customer with a concern and a request for assistance.

This isn't real time support.

Your post has gone into a queue and will be answered in the order in which it was received.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, DW06! Thank you for reaching out to us. My apologies for your experience, I can check if your phone number is still available. Please send me your first and last name, phone number in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!