Community Forum

Comcast changed install date without notice and won't start streaming services

New Poster

Comcast changed install date without notice and won't start streaming services

I signed up for the double play this morning and was required to have a professional install since my house hasn't had comcast service in over a decade.  I scheduled the install with a service rep over the phone for this saturday the 30th.  I have since canceled my other service not needing tv for a couple days but wanting before new years eve as I'm having people over and most like to watch the ball drop.  Tonight I try streaming one of the bowl games and it tells me I'm not signed up for service yet so I call into customer service.  The automated promt asks me if I'm calling about my apointment for tuesday the 2nd.  I'm thinking did I hear that correctly...sure enough when an agent comes on the line they ask me if i know that my install date changed.  not only did they change the date, they didn't tell me, and won't let me stream tv until the install is complete.  I'm extreemly upset as i wouldn't have canceled my other service if i would have been given the later date in the beginning.  Comcast service is living up to the reputation that kept me away for the last 15 years.  Anyone know a way to get them to honor their word, let me do a self instal, or turn on streaming services?  

Saying NO is easy - From my point of view comcast doesn't want their CS team working to hard.  

A new and disatisfied customer.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast changed install date without notice and won't start streaming services

Hello rde51. We apologize for any inconvenience. I can assist with attempting to get your streaming service activated, and also your appointment rescheduled. If you still need this assistance, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.