Community Forum

Comcast bill

Regular Visitor

Comcast bill

Dear Customer service,

I have been a Comcast customer for over 22 years. You have been providing me my phone , cable , and internet service for this many years, with excellence.

A couple of weeks ago I called customer service about helping me reduce my $260 monthly bill which is starting to become a financial burden to me . I asked the representative if he could give me some type of special deal , help me reduce my monthly expense.. Like loyalty package, or whatever special Comcas is  currently runing.. He told me we don't have any package deal right now. At first he wanted to up sell faster internet for me, I told him I am trying to reduce my bill ..He told me if I want to reduce my monthly bill, he can take away all my premium chanels, and my bill will go down to $230. I told him if he will do that, what will I be watching? Commercials? $30 is not  much of a  reduction in my bill . I told him very nicely that I have been a customer of yours for 22 year. I always pay my bill on time, and you have nothing you can do for me. He told me no.. Then I asked him what new customers are payng for the same bundle package I have? He said he only works with existing customers. He does not know the rate.. ( which I did not believe ) Then I asked him, should I cancel my service, and sign up as a new customer again? He told me if I chose to go down that road, Comcast will suspend my service for 3 months. My hands were up in the air at that point. Every other company gives all kind of deals to customer , but it seems like Comcast only worries about new customers. Once Comcast has  them, no more help.. The bill just keeps going up like mine does. It makes me very sad that loyalty does not count to your company.... 22 years ... That is many many years....

Thanks for listening. Krisztina

Official Employee

Re: Comcast bill

Hi there, KrisztinaV. 

22 years?! WOW. That is simply awesome. Thank you so much for being a long term customer. 

I would love to help out and try to find a promotion that works for you. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast bill

I am so glad I was able to help!

Thank you so much for your patience, willingness to work with me over the forums, and for being such a long term customer.

Enjoy your Netflix Smiley Happy 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!