Community Forum

Comcast Wire Down- Cannot get anyone to come fix it. Have called 7 times

New Poster

Comcast Wire Down- Cannot get anyone to come fix it. Have called 7 times

A Comcast wire has been pulled down in front of my house for over a week now.  I have called Comcast SEVEN times, had the fire and police dept come out and GA Power as well.  All have confirmed that there is nothing they can do because it is Comcast's wire and they need to fix it.  The wire is crossing my driveway and down in my neighbor's yard.  Someone is going to get hurt.  Every time I call Comcast tells me the issue is "Resolved".  I can tell you it is NOT.  The wire is still hanging down.  I'll tell you - the next call I make to Comcast if this is not addressed is the one cancelling my service.  I cannot believe the lack of response to a safety issue like this.  Ridiculous and bad business....

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Comcast Wire Down- Cannot get anyone to come fix it. Have called 7 times

Are you sure it's not a phone line? I ask because if a tech went out to repair the line and saw it was a phone line, they would report it as "resolved".  Power is at the top of the pole, cable is next and the bottom stuff is phone. I'll ask an employee to check into so you can get this resolved ASAP. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

New Poster

The power company said it is a comcast line.  If it is, in fact, not a cable line and is a phone line- why can't Comcast just tell me that instead of telling me it is resolved with no other information?>

Official Employee

JenM2, I can have someone come out to raise that line. Apologies for the experience so far. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and account related for number for more help.