Community Forum

Comcast WILL NOT disconnect part of my service

Contributor

Comcast WILL NOT disconnect part of my service

I called last month to have my cable and phone disconnected because I can’t afford to take care of my family properly. I was told I could NOT cancel those two things UNTIL I paid the past two. So a few days after talking to them I borrowed the money to pay past due. I had my daughter pay it online for me. I’ve had a death in my family and literally two days after that my sister was put in hospital for liver failure. I been stuck working doubles for a week then every moment at the hospital. Anyway while I was at the hospital one night I got on their useless chat for THIRT FIVE MINUTES and I explained in my opening question that I WANTED TO CANCEL PART of my service and I was told OKAY LET ME LOOK AT YOUR ACCOUNT and I said of course. I was told she may have a better deal to where I didn’t have to cancel my cable to look at her promotions and I said I think I’m already on the cheapest one available and she said lease give me a money to check that. I said okay. Each time this would take over eight minutes the first time and right at eleven and a half minutes to check the other. Only for the person to come back and tell me what I had already said. <br>THEN I want you to know at thirty two minutes in I was told I COULD NOT CANCEL ANY PART through chat. <br>ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? I responded. YOU WASTED all this time to tell me YOU CAN’T HELP ME?!? Why didn’t you tell me in the beginning?!? Naturally I just ended the chat before I said something I might feel bad about later. <br>Tried to call two days later only to find out they hadn’t open yet but I had to go to work. <br>Which leads me to tonight. My cutoff date if tomorrow that will incur me more charges if I don’t pay so I try calling. ONLY to spend the first five minutes hearing how I’m late on my bill. How much I owe. How much is past due amount. How I can pay over the phone or online. I have an extension available which I take just to get it to shut up. THEN IM ASKED OVER AND OVER AND OVER, NON-STOP if I would like to schedule a automatic payment, “no, no, no, no, no, then NOOOOOOOOO” yes screaming like a (well I had a word here but apparently can’t even use this word but they can just keep doing us like they do? Wow!) into my phone. Comcast has never fails to raise my blood pressure to stroke level. If I do NOT get some help I’m starting at the BBB and I’m getting a lawyer. It will literally be worth me putting a mortgage on my home to take them to court. When is it okay to force me to keep service I can’t afford. If I don’t pay it my credit is ruined. This way more late charges are put on me each time. <br>I’m begging for this last time to please someone HELP me!!!
Contributor

Re: Comcast WILL NOT disconnect part of my service

I’m sorry I didn’t proofread my many mistakes. Like where the chat person asked me if they could at least look to see if there was any promotion. Some reason it says on my first post “at lease money”
Official Employee

Hi @Aedmonds217

No worries about the mistakes. I was able to understand what you were saying. I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had and help make this right. I'd like to chat with you in a private setting.

Please  send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Contributor

I sent you a message but still haven’t got a reply. If you get time will please check to see if I did it correctly?
Thank you!
Official Employee

Hi @Aedmonds217

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am off on Friday's and Saturday's. I've just picked up your private message and will be replying soon. I think I found a good package you may be interested in.