Community Forum

Comcast Service/ Customer support.

Highlighted
New Poster

Comcast Service/ Customer support.

I have comcast 1gbps plan and have been receiving those speeds. But for the last couple month my speeds have been dropping to about 50mbps max. I have my own modem and router. Arris sb8200. After calling to troubleshoot issues multiple times. Tech come to the conclusion it's either my modem or something with the line outside. So he advised me it will be 70 bucks if it's the modem or free it's there end, also advised me to call Arris and try to troubleshoot there first ok thanks. Call Arris run diagnostics and come to the conclusion it's my signal strength on my download channel. So call comcast and inform them what Arris provided and now new tech yeah it's probably our end 99% of the time signal issues on modem it's our fault let's schedule a tech out ok cool. Tech well I'm sorry you are going have to pay 70 for someone to come out because of a SIK. I'm like what's a that, self installed kit. Ordered a flex box couple weeks back and if we have to send tech out within 30 days of any self installation it's going to cost 70 dollar even though it has nothing to due with your internet issue. I'm like you're kidding. So escalate this issue and nobody can remove code so I can get technical support without paying them 70 for internet issue for a smart box that doesn't have anything to due with issues. Very frustrated I asked can cancel my service since it's not what I contractually agreed to pay for ex. internet speed. Sir you can but you will have to pay a cancellation fee ok see where this is going. Agree to pay 70 because of a flex box I got, to fix a issue that have nothing to due with it only because I ordered it within 30 days. Beware of this customers and to comcast fix this with yall code so this doesn't happen to anyone else please. Because after my contract is up you will never have to worry about me.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Service/ Customer support.

Hello, Tequon! Thanks for reaching out with your concerns about your experience. I'd really like to work with you to ensure you are able to enjoy the speeds you are paying for, as well as making sure any changes to your account are indeed appropriate. Please send us a private message with your first and last name as well as your service address so we can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "Comcast_Support", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!