Community Forum

Comcast Seasonal Hold Policy is Ridiculously Unfair and ALIENATES customers

New Poster

Comcast Seasonal Hold Policy is Ridiculously Unfair and ALIENATES customers

I am going to be away for over 2 months.  I chatted with an agent gave them the dates and they said sure you can put your account on hold and provided a number for the seasonal hold department - 800-934-6489.   The chat agent even confirmed the dates (which was for 75 days), and of course she should have my account information which identifies my location.

I then called the number and after going through automated prompts which still supported that I can put my account on hold, I finally got transferred to a phone representative.   Who again, was like sure, we can do that for you, it will be $8 a month but it must be for a 90 day minimum.   But then he proceeds to tell me sorry we can't do it because of your location.   

This is ridiculous.   The first chat agent should not have confirmed that it can be put on hold and had me waste my time calling, if it is unavailable in my state.  (Btw, it is only available in like 4 states which is crazy)

Its very frustrating this customer unfriendly policy.   Wireless companies do not have separate rules for which part of the country you live in.  In my opinion this is highly discriminating.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Seasonal Hold Policy is Ridiculously Unfair and ALIENATES customers

Hi jms515, 

I'm sorry you feel this way. Seasonal Suspensions are available in more than 4 states, I apologize that yours is not one of those. I'm happy you were able to get assistance. If there's anything more we can assist you with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.