Community Forum

Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

New Poster

Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

Hello Comcast,

I just got off the phone with a few representatives discussing an increase in my bill.  I informed the representatives that when I signed up for the service, that I was told by my agent at the time that if my rate ever changed, that I could call in and have them readjust to ensure I'm paying the agreed upon amount.  My bill is now close to double that original amount, and the representatives I spoke with (as friendly as they were) have offered other promotions, though none coming close to the mark. I questioned whether it was more suitable to cancel my service, enlist with another company, and enquire again in 90 days as a new customer to get back to my original rate (which is the new customer rate); the representative told me that is an option.  So I requested that she call me back within the hour after I've explored offers from other internet service providers.

However, this raises a question: what is the motivation for staying a loyal customer with Comcast, if it is in the customer's best interest to flip flop between other service providers to ensure we are receiving a competitive and fair rate? My representative did not give me a call back, so I thought I would pose this issue to the customer retention department before I move forward with changing service providers, in case another solution can be established.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Expert

Re: Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Retention Department - Billing Issue

Hello ahollums. We're sorry you feel that way. We certainly value all our customers, including you. Regarding promotional discounted offers, We offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available to better suit your needs. If you would like this, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.