Community Forum

Comcast Pole removal

Regular Visitor

Comcast Pole removal

Cannot get Comcast to remove their unused, redundant wires and pole.

I live on a cul-de-sac with three houses. Historically the homes received utilities (power, phone & cable) from overhead radial lines. All three utility services have been converted to underground and the undergrounded lines are serving all three homes. The power company (PG&E) has removed their overhead wires and removed the upper portion of the utility pole. The phone company (ATT) has removed their wires. I cannot get Comcast to remove their overhead wires and the pole. The power company has told me that the last utility to abandon a utility pole is responsible for removing the utility pole. We have had several Comcast ticket numbers to get this work done but nothing ever happens

Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Pole removal

don't remove the pole,  make it pretty, or get creative.

da383359d1b92afed3f975611729dbf6    65-done-70.jpg       hqdefault

Official Employee

Hi utilitypole, I can get this issue to our local escalation team. I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

I private messaged with the ComcastPhil on Sunday, Feb 21 so the Comcast could call me. I have received no call as of Thursday 11am. The problem is NOT resolved.

Official Employee

Hi Utilitypole, I have reached back out to local letting them know you have not been contacted.

Thank you

New Poster

I Have the same situation here. Comed came remove their cables to the other pole. Just need comcast crews to come and relocate thier cables to the other pole as well so we could remove the OSMOS(old rotten) pole out of the way. I need a number to contact. 

Official Employee

Hi pole_out_my_way, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Expert