Community Forum

Comcast Install

Regular Visitor

Comcast Install

Comcast has come out to my house and dropped a line from a pole with service to my house. Comcast construction has a hold on my house saying I can't get service, even though there is a cable line to my house from a pole that clearly has service. Have made several calls and can't get anywhere.
Expert

Re: Comcast Install

@havli1mn wrote:
Comcast has come out to my house and dropped a line from a pole with service to my house. Comcast construction has a hold on my house saying I can't get service, even though there is a cable line to my house from a pole that clearly has service. Have made several calls and can't get anywhere.

Have you been told what the hold is about?  If service is being blocked because a previous owner/tenant hasn't paid their bill you will need to go to the nearest Comcast store with a photo ID, mortgage/lease or utility bill to prove your are not that person.  An account is tied not just to a person, but also to an address.  If this isn't the case, can you tell us what the hold is for?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Install

Comcast is new to our area. When they first came out to our house they told us we were too far away from pole and would have to have a line dropped. A week later the construction crew was at our house installing the line from our house to the pole. I have walked to the pole and can see that the pole has service to other houses. I called customer service to have someone come out to install service in our house and was told they would put a ticket through to take the "out of service area" hold off house. Several calls later and the hold is still there and pending. Not sure what to do here. I would think they would want to get us on a plan since they invested all this money into installing underground cable line.