Community Forum

Comcast Injecting Error Into Browser

Regular Visitor

Comcast Injecting Error Into Browser

About every 5 minutes I get this message injected into my internet usage. Any way to stop these kinds of notifications?

Have talked to three different customer support reps, they all have no idea what is happening and refuse to escalate the issue to a manager or a higher tier support rep.

Dear Xfinity Customer, 

We experienced a technical issue while attempting to notify you about your XFINITY Internet Service. A copy of the notice was sent to your XFINITY Internet email account. 

Click HERE to close this message. 

If the problem persists, please call Comcast Security Assurance at 1-877-807-6581 and reference AUPM Notice.

com-error.jpg
Expert

Re: Comcast Injecting Error Into Browser

@iamrook wrote:

About every 5 minutes I get this message injected into my internet usage. Any way to stop these kinds of notifications?

Have talked to three different customer support reps, they all have no idea what is happening and refuse to escalate the issue to a manager or a higher tier support rep.

Dear Xfinity Customer, 

We experienced a technical issue while attempting to notify you about your XFINITY Internet Service. A copy of the notice was sent to your XFINITY Internet email account. 

Click HERE to close this message. 

If the problem persists, please call Comcast Security Assurance at 1-877-807-6581 and reference AUPM Notice.

You should probably call the number.  This may have something to do with your data usage.  Comcast Security Assurance is the only ones that can deal with that.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Regular Visitor

Yeah, I did call the number and talked to 3 different reps. No one had any idea what the message meant or how to turn it off.

New Poster

I'm also getting that error message, but the number listed is different, and different than the number for CSA that one of their reps gave me. We double checked data usage, we're well below the threshold and have been holding for about 50 minutes. 

Xfinity Error.JPG

New Poster

Just got that most recent message that was posted and it turns out they want me to upgrade my modem to a wirelessgateway. Ya think it is kinda silly to do it that way.

Official Employee

Hello, MeNotYouButOK. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.

If you need help getting an updated modem sent out, I can absolutley help!

Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can take a look.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".