Community Forum

Comcast Hard Credit Report Inquiry

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast Hard Credit Report Inquiry

Good Morning:

I was notified today that there is a new Hard Credit Inquiry on my Equifax Credit Report initiated from Comcast-Chicago on 11/26/18. I have been a Comcast customer for over 20 years, and have not initiated any new services. Why is Comcast inquiring about me to the credit bureaus, and how can this inquiry be removed/retracted immediately?

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Hard Credit Report Inquiry

Hi @path7353

Thanks for using the forums to bring this to our attention. I can help address your concerns regarding the inquiry on your credit report. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Hard Credit Report Inquiry

@path7353

Thanks for allowing me to assist you with getting this matter taken care of. We're here for you if you need anything in the future, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!