Community Forum

Comcast Energy Rewards Ripoff

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Comcast Energy Rewards Ripoff

Comcast Energy Rewards should be renamed Comcast Energy Ripoff.  It starts as a good deal until they slowly start raising your rates.  I've already switched my electric supplier and I'm in the process of switching my gas supplier.   At the present time Energy Rewards is charging a gas rate DOUBLE of NJ Natural Gas.

When my triple play deal is up I will have to consider changing providers.  How can you trust Comcast ?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Comcast Energy Rewards Ripoff

Frequent Visitor

Anyone else got scammed by Comcast Energy Rewards ? ** SCAM/FRAUD ALERT **

First I would like to alert everyone that Comcast is running a Fraud/Scam to dupe customers out of their money.

This is how they do it - https://www.comcastenergyrewards.com/

They advertise an unbelievable and extremly low gas utility rate. For example our regular rate is $2.5 - $2.8 per Therm. These guys advertise and promise a $0.33 per Therm. Huge difference, right ? When you call them or online chat with them they even confirm that. Until your first bill arrives. Apparently this "rate" is only for the "generation portion" of your several portions of the gas bill. Long story short, it could sometimes actually be higher than your regular "generation portion" rate, like in my case!! My bill actually went up!! How is this a discount or a promotion ?? To add insult to injury they lock you in a one year contract so you cant go back to your utility provider for a year!! 

I can't believe comcast is not aware of this. That is why its fair to say they are in bed with these bad guys.

This is going straight to the Attorney General and FTC today. If anyone has got scammed and defrauded by this "scheme" please post your expereince here. This con operation is going down now.

Frequent Visitor

They still have the comcast logo on their website and also use comcast in their name, and comcast has no objections to this ?

If an enterprise as big as comcast hasnt dont anything to stop that or hasnt even come out openly clearly and done enough to proactively alert their innocent unsuspecting customers so they do not get ripped off for trusting their name and logo, then comcast is equally to blame today. If anyone is customer service is reading this, stand up and do something about this!

Frequent Visitor

This is the scamster company behind this - 

http://www.criusenergy.com/About-Crius/default.aspx

Scroll down to their "our many brands" section and you will see the Comcast and Energy Rewards logo on their website too!!

So no comcast has not cut ties with them as far as I can tell!!

Admin1

Hi Xfin_user -- Energy Rewards is still something we're affiliated with. We do not have anything to do with the Gas or Electric rates you get from that site. Our affiliation is offering a premium channel as the perk for using the site. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!