Community Forum

Comcast Emergency Help!!!

Regular Visitor

Comcast Emergency Help!!!

My mother has had no internet, tv or phone service for over 48 hours and had to be rushed to the emergency room this morning. We had no idea she was in excruciating pain because she wasn't able to to use her phone due to Comcast failing to provide service. The only reason we found out is because my sister became concerned and went over there this morning and found her in a distressed condition and rushed her to the emergency room. They are releasing her from the hospital with pain meds and she has to see her doctor tomorrow. My sister is going in for surgery herself  tomorrow and can't stay with her.

She still has no service and if there is an emergency has no way to call 911. I called 1- 800 - Xfinity and was told there wasn't anything they could do. The earliest someone could be there was tomorrow between 1pm and 3pm. I asked to speak with a supervisor and when he came on he repeated the same refrain. Sorry but I can't help you. He refused to give out me his full name and would only say that he was the floor supervisor of this call center in Atlanta and his name was Charles. I asked for a corporate number and was told there is none. He refused to help me in any way other than to say the earliest someone could be there was between 1pm and 3pm.

I can't believe there are no emergency procedures for Comcast to send a serice tech to my mothers house and even investigate the issue. My sister and I convinced her into getting phone service from Comcast after much arguing with her insisting that it would save her money. What good are the savings if it will cost her her life?

Please, I'm begging for someone at Comcast to help out with this situation.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Emergency Help!!!

Hi Smithfarmer, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Emergency Help!!!

Hi smithfarmer, thank you for working with me via private message and glad to hear a technician came out and got services restored.