Community Forum

Comcast Disconnected Our Cable at the Pole

New Poster

Comcast Disconnected Our Cable at the Pole

Without notice, a tech came out and disconnected our service at the pole due to an alleged neighborhood-wide technical issue caused by something in our home, and now we cannot get someone to come out for 10 days.  Anyone have any history of something like this happening and/or how to resolve it more quickly? 

Thank you.

Expert

Re: Comcast Disconnected Our Cable at the Pole

Hi @Jac22

Cable over copper is radio (RF). If the connectors/splitters are substandard or damaged they will cause signal leakage. Signal leakage out (egress) can cause problems with over-the-air communications. Signal leakage in (ingress) is unwanted signal (aka noise) and can wreak havoc on the cable system. Even one bad connector can put noise on the cable plant, that noise then gets amplified on its way back to Comcast. In this way, one bad connector could cause problems for you and your neighbors. 

A tech traced the noise back to you and put a filter on your line since the noise was causing problems for other customers. 

10 days does seem like a very long time though to get that repaired...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Nerdburg,

Thank you for your reply, but they did not install a filter, the tech completely disconnected my service. 

I look forward to hearing from customer support.

Official Employee

Hello Jac22. I can assist with reviewing your account for notes regarding the disconnection, and search for a sooner reconnect date. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.