Community Forum

Comcast Contract - Lied about internet speed

New Poster

Comcast Contract - Lied about internet speed

Called Comcast on 2-26-19 in regards to my bill increase. When I called they said that my deals had expired and that is why I saw an increase. They said what they could do is repackage me in a new deal with everything staying the same, Home security, Internet Speed (150Mbps) and same pricing. So today I was having issue with my internet being and, so I proceed to troubleshoot it on my own. When I log onto my account I notice that my plan was at the 60 Mbps Speed. I ran a couple of speed test and I was getting 60-70 Mbps down. So I call Comcast and they told me that I I'm signed up for the 60 not the 150. Of course I was furious because the rep assured me that nothing was going to change, yet somehow my speed decreased. So at the end of the call if I wanted to get 150 download I have to pay $15 extra per month for a mistake that was made on Comcast side not mine. They don't have any notes as to what was said on the call I made on 2-26-19. I have been with Comcast since 2013 and this is the kind of treatment I get from them. How is it fair for the customer to pay for the mistake that was my on their end. So now I have to call every month to see if they have any new promotions since I can no longer go back to what I originally had!