Community Forum

Comcast Collections - Diversified Consultants

Regular Visitor

Comcast Collections - Diversified Consultants

I changed my service in May (dropped cable, kept internet) and returned the equipment.  Instead of dropping just the cable service, my internet was also disconnected and my account closed.  At no time was I told there was a balance.  That being said, I had to open up a new account to reconnect internet service.  At this time I was asked to pay the remaining balance on my previous account before they could create a new one, I did and then continued to Autopay my bill. 

Fast forward to now and I got an alert on my credit report that there was a collections account addedd from Comcast. I called Comcast, spent hours on the phone with multiple people and no resolution.  This is very frustrating and damaging to my credit.  I also spoke to Diversified, they were less than helpful.  I need to get this removed, any help will be much appreciated.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Collections - Diversified Consultants

Hello, thanks for reaching out and I can assist you with this credit report concern! Can you please send me a Private Message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastAmira" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Collections - Diversified Consultants

@cvucich, I'm happy I was able to assist you with getting this corrected! I did not hear back from you on my last question in our Private Message, but please reach back out if I can be of any other assistance. Enjoy the rest of your day and Happy Holidays. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!