Community Forum

Comcast Calls

Regular Visitor

Comcast Calls

Hi All!

I am profoundly hearing impaired and have an Xfinity Comcast account (in my name) for the sole use of my 92 year old Aunt living in another state.  My way of contact/communication is only by e-mail, text, or chat features.  When setting up the account 4 years ago for my aunt, I had to provide a contact phone - I gave my cell - THERE IS NO OPTION TO LEAVE IT BLANK.  I cannot have anyone contact my Aunt at her Comcast phone number - she is forgetful and only answers the phone if number is known to her.  If she knew I was paying $203  a month so she could watch Golden Girls, Judge Judy, Eternal Word TV and to make a couple of 3 minute calls a day, she'd have a fit.  But, hey, what are you going to do?

With the above said - I have received 3 voice calls in the last 3 weeks on my cell from Comcast (Edited for posting phone number).  I cannot understand what is being said and I tell them I am hearing impaired and to ONLY contact me via the e-mail I have provided on my Xfinity account.  Not being done.  Calls continue.  I know it does not involve billing or service, as I am set up for autopay and all is well with funds and the service.  My last guess is that it is a sales call, as the monthly bill has increased $25 without any change in service.  Just tried to use the "Contact Us" - and it asks for a number to call me back.  Back to square one - I can't "take" a call.  I can use Xfinity chat for Tech problem, but I assume as soon as rep reads my problem is not tech related I would be advised to "CALL".    Any options as to finding out what these calls are really about?  I keep asking the other end to write or email me and they keep talking and keep calling.  Getting nowhere.  Thanking in advance.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Calls

Hello 4Auntie, thanks so much for reaching out! I would be more than happy to further look into these calls, as well as assist with any billing concerns! Can you please send me a Private Message including your full name as it appears on the account?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Calls

@4Auntie, I have not heard back from you for some time, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a Private Message, if you still need assistance with this! If you need assistance with any new issues or concerns, please create a new Public post. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!