Community Forum

Comcast Business Contract Dispute

New Poster

Comcast Business Contract Dispute

I ran out of money and was forced to close my business in October of 2017.  Comcast is telling me I still over almost $1000 because I had a contract that does not expire until September of 2018.  I called Corporate to get a copy of my contract (it was signed by "verisign" so I do not know for sure if I actually signed it).  However, nowhere in the contract or on the website is there anything about what happens if a business closes.  It was my understanding that by signing a contract, I was promising not to change suppliers, and I did not do that.  No one is using the signal so I should not have to pay for it.  I have been a loyal customer both at home and through my business for over 10 years and have never been late on a payment. I sent a certified, return receipt letter to the billing address stating this.  Instead of a response, I just got a letter from a collection agency.  I have reached out to the local TV Station for assistance but still trying to resolve this myself.

Expert

Re: Comcast Business Contract Dispute

@A513432 wrote:

I ran out of money and was forced to close my business in October of 2017.  Comcast is telling me I still over almost $1000 because I had a contract that does not expire until September of 2018.  I called Corporate to get a copy of my contract (it was signed by "verisign" so I do not know for sure if I actually signed it).  However, nowhere in the contract or on the website is there anything about what happens if a business closes.  It was my understanding that by signing a contract, I was promising not to change suppliers, and I did not do that.  No one is using the signal so I should not have to pay for it.  I have been a loyal customer both at home and through my business for over 10 years and have never been late on a payment. I sent a certified, return receipt letter to the billing address stating this.  Instead of a response, I just got a letter from a collection agency.  I have reached out to the local TV Station for assistance but still trying to resolve this myself.

If you're a business class customer, you need to be posting in the business class forums. This is for residential services.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Admin1

Re: Comcast Business Contract Dispute

Hi A513432 -- Our Business Class contracts are setup where you are required to stay with Comcast for duration of your contract. An early termination fee applies if this contract is not met for any reason. You can follow this link: https://business.comcast.com/terms-conditions-smb which contains Small Business Terms and Conditions. Click on Services Purchased on or after 4/1/2013 to view General Terms and Conditions of agreements. 

You can follow the link provided by Service Expert Again for further assistance in our Business Class Forums. Otherwise you can send me a PM with your Business Class account information. I will have it forwarded to our Business Class support team so you can get a copy of your signed contract to see where these terms are listed.