Community Forum

Comcast Billing Dispute

New Poster

Comcast Billing Dispute

First of all, it is ridiculous that you have no email account for support. Literally ridiculous. I have called your customer support several times, but the fact is, the results of those calls aren't documented anywhere other than YOUR servers, and if YOU choose not to find them, the consumer is out of luck. I do not enjoy that I have to make my private issue public on a forum because you don't display the simple courtesy of allowing consumers to email your support team (and after this debacle, I'm 100% sure it's because you want no paper trail left behind as you cheat your customers). I have omitted all names and personal info in the attached chat transcript(s).

That said, here is the email I tried to send your we-can-help email (which apparently no longer exists):

Hello,

I have received a bill for charges on my Comcast account (that is now CLOSED) for several months, despite numerous Comcast representatives telling me I do NOT owe for this bill. I have reference numbers as required. I was told that the bill would be wiped clean and I would receive a letter stating that I owe ZERO dollars, but instead the balance was turned over to a collections agency. I submitted a dispute with them and they chose to no longer pursue the claim based on the info I provided, and then Comcast turned it over to ANOTHER debt collector this month. I am furious. I do not need to be dealing with this utter and complete nonsense - please resolve this issue ASAP.

Reference #1: CR567906177 (conversation took place in March 2016)
Reference #2: Ticket Number 035736698 (conversation took place in April 2016)

I tried to resolve this issue by chat with one of your representatives, but this does not seem to have solved anything at all. See attached transcript. He/she seems to be unable to understand English.

The first debt collector chose to not pursue the claim because I provided them with all of this information. I am disputing the second debt collector as well.

It seems fairly obvious to me at this point that Comcast is choosing to pursue this claim in hopes that I will grow weary of fighting the battle and just pay the false charges - I WILL not stop fighting this charge. It is bunk and I do not owe it. Please help me resolve this issue or I can swear to you I will NEVER use Comcast services again in my life.

Thank you,

<Insert Name Here>

Admin1

Re: Comcast Billing Dispute

HI kmatt13vt -- I reviewed your account and looks like the Early Termination Fees, which you were told would be credited, were never credited. I've applied credit for these which will clear up any owed balance. 

New Poster

Thank you. Will I be issued a confirmation statement to reflect this? Would love a statement email or something similar to share with the collections agency.

I have been told the same thing by two other agents previously, and yet I still have an open account with a collections agency trying to pursue this charge on behalf of Comcast. I just want to be certain that I can put this issue to bed without any further credit damages.

Admin1

I'm unsure if you'll be sent anything or not. We will take care of the Collection Agency ourselves. The agency does have to clear you from their database so you may still hear from them until they do. 

New Poster

Hi,

Pretty much the same issue as kmatt13vt. I moved out of my previous place to my current one and tried to have my account transferred to the new place. First of all, this simple task was a real pain as I had to go over 4 phone calls to set my transfer to realize that every time the previous conversation was forgotten. Anyways, I thought that at this end it worked but to my surprise I continued to be charged for months after I moved out of my previous place. My debt was then sent to the collection service. I explained the situation and thought that it was understood that I had been charged wrongly. But obviously never heard back from Comcast... The debt is now in the hands of a collection agency that cannot stop calling me. 

The ticket number for this conversation with Comcast collection service is #0330904604. 

I am about to move again and now I have two choices: transferring my current account or simply disconnect Comcast and you will never hear back from me. Fix this issue and I'll transfer; don't fix the issue and I disappear. The calculation should be easy: my debt has an approximate value of 2 months...

Best,

dv1020

Admin1

dv1020 -- I can take a look at that for you. I haven't been able to location your previous address. Can you send me your account information from both accounts in a private message please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

New Poster

Hi I found this post online http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Comcast-Billing-Dispute/td-p/2784638

I have a similar issue I've been dealing with for months. Ticket numbers are
#037639234 #037800896 #038544825

I've spent hours on hold with no help. No one seems to understand the issue. For months I've had this on my credit now for a mistake that wasn't mine.
Regular Visitor

I have also attempted to call to check in on the dispute the claim that I owe money for a bill from 2.5 years ago. The only reason I found out about this was because I am currently going through a home loan process and it was found on my credit report. 

I faxed over information yesterday proving that I was not at the location at the time I was billed. I also paid every single one of my bills on time. In moving to my new home, I would really like to utilize comcast in the future as a customer in my new home, but I cannot with the way I have been treated through this process. 

I would like to know who I can speak to further about this. I need this to be deleted from my credit report ASAP because this is severly impacting my ability to secure a home loan. The ticket number for my dispute is as follows: 039256623. It is very important that this is DELETED and not determined as "paid in full." I also need this to be notified to the credit bureaus immediately. Please help me with this request as I have been very patient and provided the necessary information already. Everytime I call to follow up, no one is able to point me in the right direction. 

New Poster

I had the same problem with centurylink.  It went to collections.  I reported to them with a confirmation number stating i owed nothing (after two days of the runaround on the phone)   a year later the scumbags went to another agency to attempt collecting what wasnt owed.

Official Employee