Community Forum

Collections just called me for a 2yr old $43 "service" charge...

Regular Visitor

Collections just called me for a 2yr old $43 "service" charge...

I just received a call from a 971 area code number, the number the individual gave me on the phone to call back was 800-543-5788.

He informed me that he is attempting to collect an amount of $43.xx and change. He said it was for unpaid services originating back in August 2016. The problem with that is I cancelled my service and returned the equipment before my 30 day money back guarantee was over. The rep that I talked to on the phone assured me that I owed nothing and I never received a "final bill" (as the gentleman on the phone said I should've gotten) from August 2016 (when I moved out) all the way to May of 2017 (when my ex moved out of that address).

I'm wondering why I haven't heard about this until now, and why didn't the Rep that I talked to inform me of these service charges? I've read a few dozen posts in regards to these collection service charges on the Customer Service forums that got wiped out so I'm hoping this was just a mistake and can be cleared up.

Thanks!

Leonard Burns

Regular Visitor

Re: Collections just called me for a 2yr old $43 "service" charge...

Nobody is able to help? I emailed the We Can Help <http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/We-Can-Help/td-p/2634629> address and was referred to post here, tweet something, or post a message on facebook. None of those seem like a very good place for something this long so I'm hoping someone will read this and help me out.

Thanks!

Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi Leonard4. I can assist with reviewing that old account balance and any collections notes. Please send me a private message and include your full name, old service address, and phone number associated with that account, so I can take a look. Thank you. 

Regular Visitor

Awesome, thanks guys! PM sent to you JoeTru.