Community Forum

Coaxial ports stopped working after a tech visit awhile back. Tech today said everything looked fine

Frequent Visitor

Coaxial ports stopped working after a tech visit awhile back. Tech today said everything looked fine

Hello. Awhile back I had a tech out to investigate fluctuating internet speeds and before he left, he told me he removed a splitter from outside my house. After his visit, I discovered that one of the three coaxial wall ports in the basement wasn't working. The one I was using at the time of his visit still works but the one I want to use does not (which worked perfectly prior to his visit). So I finally got another tech to come out today to reconnect the splitter and enable my other coaxial ports. He arrives and claims that everything looks normal and didn't seem to understand my issue at all. He left and here I am still using a 25 foot long ethernet cable because of his incompetency. So with that said, should I get another tech out? I'm tech savvy but not enough to go out and change a bunch of cable/internet wiring. Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Coaxial ports stopped working after a tech visit awhile back. Tech today said everything look...

Hi INeedAUsername1, I apologize for your experiences with the recent tech visits and I could help get another one scheduled for you to correct this issue.  Please send me a private message with your full name to begin.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Coaxial ports stopped working after a tech visit awhile back. Tech today said everything look...

Sent you a PM but haven't received a reply.

Official Employee

Hi INeedAUsername1, I have responded to your private message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi INeedAUsername1,  thank you for working with me through private message and glad I could help get a technician scheduled for you.  Please reach back out if you need assistance in the future.

Thank you