Community Forum

Coaxial Cable - Why Don't You Protect it with Conduit?

New Poster

Coaxial Cable - Why Don't You Protect it with Conduit?

My internet connection is dead at my house thanks to a failing coaxial cable underground that has caused trouble for us since we have been customers. I live in Michigan where we have brutal winters that freeze and thaw the ground, and I also happen to have a big problem with burrowing animals that tear up my yard. I had lived with intermittent connection dropouts for years (see photo for droupouts over 48 hours), and just recently it's finally stopped working completely. Getting customer service to get someone out to run a new coaxial cable line has proven impossible. I'm now faced with a choice...Should I cancel my account and sign up for AT&T, or wait for Comcast to come and fix this?  It also begs the question, why do they just throw coaxial cable into the dirt and not protect it with conduit? I wonder, for locations that are equipped with fibre, are they doing the same thing and just laying unprotected cabling in the ground? Just a little more effort up front could have avoided all of this, I don't get it.

pingtest.JPG
Expert

Re: Coaxial Cable - Why Don't You Protect it with Conduit?

Why do you think it's a bad drop?

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.