Community Forum

Coax outlet suddenly not working

Highlighted
New Poster

Coax outlet suddenly not working

There was an outage in the area earlier today. Everything was working fine prior to that. I got notification that service was back up, but I am still down. I’ve tried 2 modems, 2 coax cords, and 3 different outlets. The US/DS light will not stop flashing no matter what I try. What could be the issue here? It was perfectly fine until the outage and now I’m completely down.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Coax outlet suddenly not working

@manduh wrote:
There was an outage in the area earlier today. Everything was working fine prior to that. I got notification that service was back up, but I am still down. I’ve tried 2 modems, 2 coax cords, and 3 different outlets. The US/DS light will not stop flashing no matter what I try. What could be the issue here? It was perfectly fine until the outage and now I’m completely down.

You should unplug each device, including your modem. Wait about 2 minutes and plug them back in. Wait about 10 minutes and then turn back on any compontent that did not turn on automatically. That should remove any errors caused by the power outage. You may have tried too soon yesterday, before your local service center's computers came back up fully to send out signals.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!