Community Forum

Coax has been in street for 3.5 months and needs to be buried - SAFETY ISSUE

Frequent Visitor

Coax has been in street for 3.5 months and needs to be buried - SAFETY ISSUE

After taking time away from work for a few frustrating, long technician visits which did not fix my slow internet problem, in late April, one technician fixed the problem by running a temporary coax line down my street to my house. He told me that the cable would be buried within 2 weeks. I've made numerous, torturous calls to Xfinity to try to get it buried. The people on the phone do not listen to my description of the problem and have absolutely no interest in what my problem is. They simply want to book a tech visit and get me off the phone.

Therefore, in response to my phone calls for someone to bury the line, I've had techs come and said they could not do that work (not my department). Another time, a crew came to my house with shovels to dig up my yard to replace the cable on my property which does not need to be replaced! - when I told them the cable in the street needs to be buried, and that the tech told me it was going to be done in 2 weeks, they laughed at my naivete and said they would not be surprised if it would take several months!

This is absolutely a safety issue. Walking our street are elderly people and children and the cable often gets pulled into the street by yard crews.

I've called the City of Germantown, TN, to see if they can help me put pressure on Xfinity to bury the line. I'm not sure where to go next. If anyone has suggestions, please respond.

Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Coax has been in street for 3.5 months and needs to be buried - SAFETY ISSUE

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Coax has been in street for 3.5 months and needs to be buried - SAFETY ISSUE

I'm going to try escalating your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

Expert

setonplace wrote:

when I told them the cable in the street needs to be buried, and that the tech told me it was going to be done in 2 weeks, they laughed at my naivete and said they would not be surprised if it would take several months!

Yeah, that's not gonna' happen in a couple of weeks. The bury crew was right, that job is more likely months than weeks. If the cable in the street is running between pedestals, it means there is a damaged main line. They won't just bury the temp line, the main line needs to be repaired/replaced. The Construction Department has to schedule the job, get relevant permits and get other utilities marked. All of that commonly takes a couple of months.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Setonplace, I can assist you with line burial request. Let's speak via PM so I can look further for this request. Please provide your account #. ComcastDanB

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Dan. I have sent you my account number and contact info.

Frequent Visitor

Hello, Dan. Did you receive my private message, with my account number and contact info? 

setonplace

Frequent Visitor

Re: Coax has been in street for 5.5 months and needs to be buried - SAFETY ISSUE

Coax is still in the street after 5.5 months. Safety issue. Can anyone please escalate this for me? 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. A couple of guys contacted me through this board, from Comcast, and some work was done but the coax is still in the street after 5.5 months!! Could you please help me escalate this, again? Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Coax has been in street for 5.5 months and needs to be buried - SAFETY ISSUE

Hello EG. I still need help. Can you escalate this for me? Coax still in street after 5.5 months. Any suggestions? Thank you very much. ComcastZach was helping me but he has not responded lately. You closed my other entry about this. I was trying to get this back up to the top, to try to get the coax out of the street.

Expert

Nobody here can help you -- not even the corporate employees. Comcast's Construction department will fix it when they get around to it, it isn't a priority.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Admin1

Hi setonplace -- I spoke with local tech ops and construction about this line. They've responded back letting me know that they still have a bit of work to do with line connections however this exposed line will be out of the street by the end of the week. 

Admin1

setonplace -- Checking in to see if that cable has been removed.