Community Forum

Closing service center

New Poster

Closing service center

I'd be interested in the reasoning behind closing a service center and routing a whole county to another county for a service center services.  I see no particular excuse to inconvenience this many customers.

Official Employee

Re: Closing service center

@WEATCH wrote:

I'd be interested in the reasoning behind closing a service center and routing a whole county to another county for a service center services.  I see no particular excuse to inconvenience this many customers.

Apologies for this.  

Customers who became accustomed to paying their bill in this store can utilize a variety of payment options including by mail, over the phone, online, or even at one of seven different 7-Eleven retail stores located in Calvert County, MD. 

The closing of the Prince Frederick store leaves Comcast’s Waldorf (apprx. 24 miles away) and Annapolis (apprx. 32 miles away) as the closest locations for customers who prefer the physical location. Addresses and current hours of these stores are listed below:  

336 Post Office Rd
Waldorf, MD 20602
HOURS
Mon - Fri: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Sat: 9:00am - 3:00pm

2077 Somerville Road
Annapolis, MD 21401
HOURS
Sun: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Mon - Sat: 10:00am - 7:00pm

10432 Campus Way South
Largo, MD 20774
HOURS
Sun: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Mon - Sat: 9:00am - 7:00pm

Customers can ship equipment back us from any UPS Store free of charge. Below are two locations that are located in Calvert County

136 W Dares Beach Rd
Prince Frederick, MD 20678-3120
HOURS
Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 7:00
Sat: 9:00 - 4:00

10816 Town Center Blvd
Dunkirk, MD 20754-3008
HOURS
Mon - Fri: 8:30 - 7:00
Sat: 9:00 - 4:00

The document containing the proposal and information about options for customers can be found at the link below: 

http://www.calvertcountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/23835

Alternatively, Calvert County residents can call 1-800-XFINITY for more information.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Closing service center

This still doesn't answer my question.  The satellite office you are closing is in an area that is close, and safe for many people.  The strip mall it is in cannot be charging such an exhoribitant amount of rent to offset the inconvenience to the MANY paying customers that will occur, considering the amount of money made monthly on said customers.  This is not right.