Community Forum

Clickbait spam from Xfinity

New Poster

Clickbait spam from Xfinity

Under the guise of "service related" emails Xfinity has been spamming me. It important to me that I don't mark their spam as spam because then I won't be seeing the truly important emails I do want to receive from them. I've opted out of all the unwanted email on their website I could but it seems Xfinity has no respect for this. I just received this spam from them on 6/15/2018 about getting "storm ready" under a false pretense to get me to start using more of their apps and getting me deeper into their ecosystem where they can track me better. Can't I just get internet and cable service at my house and be left alone? Xfinity has no idea what important emails are. It is not important to me to install an app on my phone so I can watch tv on it if my home service goes out. Service being down next Tues for maintenance would be an example of an important email. My bill due on the 6th is an important email. How is an email from "Dana Crandall Senior Vice President, Customer Experience" trying to get me to install an app a worthy email to send someone that has told you not to bother me unless it's important? All it does is make me want to tag them as spam. Stop this!

Valued Contributor

Re: Clickbait spam from Xfinity

How did you inform them that you did not want these type of e-mails, and how do you expect them to go in and set you apart from every other customer? If you don't want any promotional or advertisement e-mails, there is a setting you can change in your my account, to opt out of promotional or advertisement e-mails. If this is what you have done already, but still receive those e-mails, then tough luck I guessl. Not like it is anything serious to complain about anyway. It took you more time to post this complaint, then it did to look at the e-mail and delete it.
New Poster

Re: Clickbait spam from Xfinity

Just about as long as it took for you to respond. What's your point? You saying it was an important email that every customer needs to recieve even after opting out?