Community Forum

Clarify Gigabit availability?

New Poster

Clarify Gigabit availability?

Is there an estimate of when Gigabit services will become available to me?

I get a different answer each time I talk to Customer Support. Yesterday it was the service is already available, and today it's not available. I've called 1-877-680-7173, a different number for Gig Pro, and even tried online chat. I'd appreciate any reliable information on Gigabit.

Official Employee

Re: Clarify Gigabit availability?

Hi io2, we don't have an exact date on when Gigabit speeds will be coming to your area if you don't currently have it available to you. The best way to check if you have Gig services is to follow the instructions below, again if you cannot get gigabit services at this time we will be rolling gigabit speed out to new areas throughout the year, please check the website periodically for an update. 

For New Customers

1. Go to microsite (xfinity.com/gig) and scroll down to “Shop XFINITY: View All Internet Offers”

2. Put your street address in the box.

3. Three Internet options will appear, but to see Gigabit offers they must select “View All Offers”

4. IF Gigabit is available in your area, an option for Gigabit will appear toward the bottom of Internet-only options. Please select “Learn More” to sign up using the form (that can be directly accessed here: https://www.xfinity.com/xfinity-one-gig-signup).

For existing customers

1. Please sign into your Xfinity account.

2. If it is available in your area. Please click “Learn More” to direct them to the signup form.

3. If it’s not available in your area. “Upgrade now” will take you to change your internet speeds.

Gig Map https://www.xfinity.com/gig

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!