Community Forum

Chat swipe feature.

Highlighted
Contributor

Chat swipe feature.

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct section of the forum for this issue but the website's online chat option has a swipe feature that needs to be REMOVED!!!

Two times I tried to contact customer service via chat and both times the swipe feature killed the whole entire conversation! The first time, I was waiting for an agent to connect and while I was waiting, I TRIED to clean my screen, then the next thing I know, SWIPE! The second time and final straw for me, happened probably 5 minutes later after the first incident while I was waiting on the agent to come back that was working on my account. My screen went dim and I swiped to wake it up and you guessed it, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! Smh!

The swipe feature needs to be removed or a non-swipable confirmation needs to be added to the swipe feature asking users "Are you sure you want to end chat?" so we can click NOOOOOOO
(if need be) when we were swiping for other reasons.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Chat swipe feature.

@MissDiagnostics wrote:
Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct section of the forum for this issue but the website's online chat option has a swipe feature that needs to be REMOVED!!!

Two times I tried to contact customer service via chat and both times the swipe feature killed the whole entire conversation! The first time, I was waiting for an agent to connect and while I was waiting, I TRIED to clean my screen, then the next thing I know, SWIPE! The second time and final straw for me, happened probably 5 minutes later after the first incident while I was waiting on the agent to come back that was working on my account. My screen went dim and I swiped to wake it up and you guessed it, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! Smh!

The swipe feature needs to be removed or a non-swipable confirmation needs to be added to the swipe feature asking users "Are you sure you want to end chat?" so we can click NOOOOOOO
(if need be) when we were swiping for other reasons.

1.)  Don't clean your screen unless it's in sleep mode.

2.)  Unless you have your phone set to swipe to awaken, tap instead.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!