Community Forum

Chat not working...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Chat not working...

I have tried chat over 30 times in the last two days! About a month ago, I spent hours on the phone and I am unwilling to get run around again from one person to another! I am ready to throw my comcast wireless gateway into the trash unless comcast contacts me. On my account statement, it states, accurately, that I am using my own equipment, but I also have a comcast wireless gateway which I am not using because it required frequent rebooting and every time I tried support, they messed up my billing. The only way I could get my billing fixed was to stop using the comcast equipment which anyhow wasn't working as well as my own. I was supposed to be free for a year and then $5/month for a year before going to the normal billing amount I could also send it back any time. Please contact me before the end of the month, or else I will put it in the trash!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Chat not working...

@rkushner wrote:

I have tried chat over 30 times in the last two days! About a month ago, I spent hours on the phone and I am unwilling to get run around again from one person to another! I am ready to throw my comcast wireless gateway into the trash unless comcast contacts me. On my account statement, it states, accurately, that I am using my own equipment, but I also have a comcast wireless gateway which I am not using because it required frequent rebooting and every time I tried support, they messed up my billing. The only way I could get my billing fixed was to stop using the comcast equipment which anyhow wasn't working as well as my own. I was supposed to be free for a year and then $5/month for a year before going to the normal billing amount I could also send it back any time. Please contact me before the end of the month, or else I will put it in the trash!

Why haven't you sent the gateway back if you're not using it?

Throwing away or destroying Comcast property will end up causing you a lot of grief as that isn't your property to "eliminate".

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The original offer which I accepted said that they would give me a prepaid return label anytime I didn't want it any more. Right now, on my account, it doesn't even show that I have it.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to contact Comcast (email...) without me calling them since I have already spent hours on the phone without making any progress!

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @rkushner

Thanks for using the Xfinity Forums to get assistance. I'd be happy to help. @Again is correct, any damage caused to the equipment could mean additional charges being billed for the modem. We don't want that experience for you. Send me a private message and I'd be happy to see how I can make this right. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click "send a message."  In the body of your message, please include your first and last name so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!