Community Forum

Chat Transcript

Regular Visitor

Chat Transcript

Hi I ordered service this morning over chat and the employee I was chatting with said he would have to put in a backend ticket to modify the price. I couldn’t save a copy of my chat transcript. Is it possibly to retrieve that and email it to me? Thanks.
Expert

Re: Chat Transcript

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Regular Visitor

Thanks
Official Employee

Hello MC1974, we cannot provide live chat transcripts to customers. To receive a transcript following the conclusion of the chat, instruct the customer to follow the steps below.

1. Click Options at the bottom of the Live Chat window. A menu will appear that includes Email Transcript.
  2. Click Email Transcript.
  3. Enter your email address, then click Send.
Regular Visitor

I would have normally done this but when I tried to do it on my phone the site crashed. It is possible for a transcript of the chat to be sent to my email in this situation? I was promised that there would be a revision to the price in the backend due to a system error. How would I ever be able to demonstrate this if I don’t receive the discount? I’m not sure this is the best way to treat a new customer...
Official Employee

MC1974 wrote: I would have normally done this but when I tried to do it on my phone the site crashed. It is possible for a transcript of the chat to be sent to my email in this situation? I was promised that there would be a revision to the price in the backend due to a system error. How would I ever be able to demonstrate this if I don’t receive the discount? I’m not sure this is the best way to treat a new customer...

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to send the transcripts via email, I can look into the same pricing for you if you'd like. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number and we can get started.