Community Forum

Chat History/Log retrieval

Regular Visitor

Chat History/Log retrieval

I had a chat session with "John" this morning (from about 7:02 until 8:03 eastern time) and didn't realize the save transcript button was now hidden behind the XFinity logo on the left of the screen and missed the chance to save a copy. I thought I remembered being prompted to save a transcript when exiting the session in the past, but that is apparently not how it works. I'm hoping @ComcastTeds or someone can assist by send me a copy of the transcript.

Tags (3)
Expert

Re: Chat History/Log retrieval

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not an employee.
Official Employee

Hi EatMoarBakon. I can assist with reviewing your account and providing you a copy of the transcript if available. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Regular Visitor

The function to save the chat is hidden on the top left by the XFinity (or COMCAST, can't remember) symbol If you scroll over, you'll get a cursor to click and a menu will open. Not sure why they made it counter intuitive, but it is what it is.