Community Forum

Charged for Internet I can't use

Regular Visitor

Charged for Internet I can't use

So I moved about 2 weeks ago and transferred my service from Comcast as of the day we moved. The modem did not work, so I called customer service. We spent around an hour troubleshooting before ultimately deciding that a tech needed to come. Fast forward 5 days -- the tech arrives and spends no more than 5 minutes before saying that the crawl space under the house is flooded and he would have to reschedule for next week. Next weeks comes, and the appointment is scheduled a day after it had been storming so obviously the house was still flooded. Reschedule again. Tech is supposed to visit tomorrow, which is 13 days without any service from Comcast. During these days, Comcast sent me a bill with the service date as the day we moved as if there is currently internet and cable at my house. I'd be willing to pay a pro-rated amount if they ever can get the internet working, but charging full price before the service is even up and running? I am disgusted. Any advice on what to do?

Official Employee

Re: Charged for Internet I can't use

Hi Andrew630. Thanks for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post! We are glad you're here.

We certainly don't want to charge you for service you are not able to use, due to installation delays. I can assist with reviewing the account for the install schedule and also assist with a prorated adjustment of that bill. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. To send me a private message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!