Community Forum

Charged an extra month I don't owe

New Poster

Charged an extra month I don't owe

So the end of May 2018 all of a sudden my cable goes off and of course I can't get ahold of anyone til the next Monday. So I call 1800 Comcast on Monday and speak to an agent. They say they always bill a month ahead and I owe for April still, that the payment was declined. So I pull out my bank statement and tell them it was paid with all they needed for proof. So supposedly they took care of it. When I when to schedule my payment for the next month I see they are charging an extra month again. So I call back. They say it was declined for march payment. So again I give them back records to show they took it out. So the lady sends me the money back and I pay again for march and my June payment. Thought it was finally taken care of. Well it's back again! So I call again and they say I owed for February. So the nice young lady give me the dept to take care of this. The new young agent says oh no you don't owe for February, you owe for December. Doesn't matter if I don't owe at this point because there is no one authorized to fix after 5 months! Please tell me what should I do? Should I go to another carrier or speak to a lawyer? Any feed back would be appreciated