Community Forum

Charged a service fee when I was told it would be waived.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Charged a service fee when I was told it would be waived.

A $70 service fee was charged for a home visit.  The appointment was made by Comcast's executive office, b/c that's where I directed my complaint.  I was told not to worry about the normal fee, and that the visit would be no charge.

However, the $70 is a line item included on my last statement.  How can I get this removed?

Official Employee

Re: Charged a service fee when I was told it would be waived.

@teddymom wrote:

A $70 service fee was charged for a home visit.  The appointment was made by Comcast's executive office, b/c that's where I directed my complaint.  I was told not to worry about the normal fee, and that the visit would be no charge.

However, the $70 is a line item included on my last statement.  How can I get this removed?

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I went ahead and credited the technician visit charges of $70 from last month.

Apologies again and thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastTed:

I don't see on my account that the $70 fee has been credited.  I would like to pay my bill without the $70 on it.  Please advise.

Expert

@teddymom wrote:

Hi ComcastTed:

I don't see on my account that the $70 fee has been credited.  I would like to pay my bill without the $70 on it.  Please advise.

Your account won't update until the next bill is generated.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

May I deduct the $70 off this month's payment since it was Comcast's error?

Official Employee

@teddymom wrote:

May I deduct the $70 off this month's payment since it was Comcast's error?

Yes, that is fine, the credit has been applied and will post overnight. You can deduct the $70 from this month's payment.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.