Community Forum

Charged $60 service fee for technician error.

Regular Visitor

Charged $60 service fee for technician error.

I had to have a technician respond to fix a problem with my internet.  I could not get internet connection over 50% of the time. The person making the appt. stated there was a previous service call write up to do a re-wire that had never been done.  She told me someone would come out and there would be no charge for the call.  2 technicians came and put new wiring inside the wall from the ouside to the cable outlet inside (approx 1 foot).  (This is a condo unit).

They stated there were 2 2-way splitters inside the wall and I actually needed a 4 way splitter. They put new wires and 2 way splitters in.  They stated a 4 way splitter would help the signal.   They did not install one but said I needed to call for another technician.

Well, after their service call my internet did connect but was VERY VERY slow all the time!

I eventally called to complain. The technicians on the phone tried everything and had me do internet speed tests.  My download speed was .03 and my upload was10.5. !!  I was not happy! I am paying for internet Blast which is supposed to be up to 100 mbps download. They eventually said a technician would have to come out.  The guy who came out looked into the wiring at the 2 2way splitters and stated the previous tecnician hooked them up incorrectly.  He stated he had the wrong wires connected to the wrong spots.  This technician unhooked the 2 way splitters and connected a 3 way splitter.  That did the job. My internet speed  immediately increased.  I was able to get 49 mbps download speed and 11.7 upload. It still isn't close to 100 but I was happy. 

Well, a couple weeks later I received my bill and was charged  a $60 service charge for the 2nd technician. I called and spoke to a person who told me (to summarize) I had to pay. I asked for a supervisor and she would not put one on the phone. She stated they were busy and one would call me within 24 hours.  Well, no one called. So after 24 hours I again called and asked for supervisor. I was told again none were available.  The summary of all coversations was I was responsible for charge!

My complaint is---I was not getting the service I pay for--twice.  The first technician did faulty work and caused a problem that did not exist until he left (SLOW SLOW internet). I had to have someone come out and fix the first technicians error and I am being charged to fix that!   I refuse to pay for faulty work of your technicians and for service I was not getting and paying for.  

Please help with this.

Expert

Re: Charged $60 service fee for technician error.

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply!  I was trying to post it publicly but couldn't figure out how. I am very tech savvy but still could`t figure out this forum !  I want it to go public because I cannot get any response from Comcast. They refuse to budge on this charge! I am sure I am not the only one this happens to!

I am even looking into changing companies,

Any help is appreciated!

Official Employee

Hello Llcamm. I can assist with reviewing the technician visit fee you were charged. I can also assist with further troubleshooting your internet speed if you are not getting the speed you should be getting. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!