Community Forum

Charged $60 for a service call that lasted 2 mins and was scheduled by Comcast...Is this a joke?

Frequent Visitor

Charged $60 for a service call that lasted 2 mins and was scheduled by Comcast...Is this a joke?

I've been experiencing issues with my Xfinity TV for a month now.  Pixelation on channels, On Demand movies pausing 20x during a movie, box disconnect and unavailable errors.  I call and the tech says my signal is "in the red" and they need to send a tech out.  We schedule an 11-1 pm timeslot as I work from home.  Guy shows up at 9:25 while I'm working and barely speaks english.  It takes me 5 minutes to tell him what my issues are, he turns on the TV and says I dont see any problems.  Never connects a single test instrument, just says everything looks fine.  Over the next 3 weeks still experiencing same issues, pixelation and paused/skipping on demand shows.  Multiple calls to tech support they reset the box maybe 12 times and each time tell me its fine.  Issues continue.  Now they tell me I need to bring the box into a service center and swap it out or I can have them send me a replacement for $15.  To add insult to injury I just took a look at my bill and find I WAS CHARGED $60 FOR A 2 MINUTE SERVICE CALL WITH AN <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory"> TECH.  4 weeks, 3 hours on the phone, no resolution but charged $60 for nothing.  Anyone on this board care to keep a 5 year customer that spends $3000 a year on service?  Or is this a not too subtle <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">.  <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Inflammatory">