Community Forum

Charged $40 in home technician service fee

New Poster

Charged $40 in home technician service fee

Hello,
I was charged a $40 service fee for a visit in December 13, 2018 because the internet service was intermittent. I believe that during the visit the technician combined two networks into one and advised me not to use more than four devices at once. The visit did not resolve the problem of intermittent service at all. I called back on December 15, 16, and 18, and I made sure not to overload the network with more than four devices at once.

I am requesting this fee be removed because 1) I was never informed about a fee, 2) it was due to interruptions in service 3) the visit did not resolve the problem and 4) the technician arrived over 10 minutes late.
Thank you for your help.
Official Employee

Re: Charged $40 in home technician service fee

Hello, Xinxiechengyou. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

I'm glad you reached out to us with these concerns.

I'd like to look further into this issue for you as well as work with you to get your services working properly. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Charged $40 in home technician service fee

Xinxiechengyou, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get some assistance with your bill and get your services working properly again, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!