Community Forum

Charge for service call

New Poster

Charge for service call

I’ve been having problems with my internet since May 12th (almost a month). My internet goes down for 5-10 minutes out of every 30 minutes. At first I thought it was maybe my router or just issues in the area but the problem persisted. A tech finally came out and checked everything and said it was just my router and that I needed a new one. I bought a brand new one and installed it and have continued to have the same issues. I tried calling Comcast again to let them know the problem wasn’t fixed but everyone I talk to doesn’t understand the problem. They reboot it and say it’s working fine. It will work fine for a bit but then it cuts out again and people on the phone won’t take the time to see that. You can even tell something is wrong by going through the logs. I’ve about given up and am ready to move to AT&T. Google fiber is close to my neighborhood but not here yet. I’ve been trying to just wait until I get Google fiber but this is ridiculous. I open my bill and it’s more than double my usual amount. I called about it and was told I’ve been charged because the problem was with my equipment. I read a similar post and they said what solved their issue was the tech installing an electronic signal booster. I may as well just buy a data plan and terminate my service. I’ve never had a good experience with Comcast and I’m just done. I called May 12, 13, 16, and the 29th. No answers and no help.
Official Employee

Re: Charge for service call

Hi @Katethehepburn

Sorry for the experience you're having. I'd like to take a deeper look at the issues you are having. Can you please verify your first and last name, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!