Community Forum

Channels promised not provided, how do i battle fraud with this provider?

Frequent Visitor

Channels promised not provided, how do i battle fraud with this provider?

I have online screen error that forum shows has been going on for 6 months.  I also am missing a channel that i was promised (says needs subscription for that one).  I specifically asked about 2 channels and got NEITHER.  Total rip off and I need my old package back!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Channels promised not provided, how do i battle fraud with this provider?

You are leaving out some info that would be helpful, So from what I gathered, you made a recent upgrade/downgrade and no longer have the channels you are seeking? Xfinity has the right to move these channels into a different tier, but it doesn't sound like what happened to you. It sounds like an agent was incorrect about what channels came with your recent change. This can be easily fixed, and it isn't fraud. It would be quicker to call and speak with an agent to get this done, but if you don't mind waiting, an agent here will eventually get to you I assume.
Frequent Visitor

the guide tells me TCM is in my plan but i've gotten XRE 03121 error 8 days now.  I've wasted time with comcast service agents to fix this error that has plagued customers for more than 6 months according to the forum.  Prior to x1 'upgrade' i had the 2 channels, and TCM and ID aren't premium channels.  i was promised HD, didn't want it anyway, but don't have it. So on multiple ways I'm paying for cable service and i'm not getting it.  that is fraud in my book.  the forum basically says to try to fix XRE 03121 i get to contact them over and over on MY TIME to not resolve the issue.  I've already done one round of that. When i spent the hour on online with the agent they NEVER said TCM or ID were not in my tier.  BTW i'm not allowed to see the tiers because i have Netflix, it forces me into a 'call comcast you are a netflix customer' loop.

Expert

@quilt1 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello quilt1. I can assist with reviewing your account, channel lineup, and channel entitlements in order to resolve your missing channels issue. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Frequent Visitor

Customer service basically told me that the Comcast employee in the store did not know what they were talking about.  TCM and ID are not in my new double play package and they are the only channels i was interested in and had in my prior package.  Online shows me that TCM is in my package, but when try to see it get the system error message. ID message is different, says don't have that subscription.  Don't want to pay MORE for LESS than I had before.  Had no interest in the bells and whistles of the package HD/starz, etc.  Have to talk to another team tomorrow about customer retention, I've dropped Comcast before for lying to me about channel line ups and went with Direct TV.  I've also gone w/o cable altogether and am big fan of my Netflix DVD subscription.  This hastle and money lost is going to force me leave again.  Need to get to painting my home, wasting time on this is not helping me get my work done.

Frequent Visitor

Talked to customer 'retention' which was one of the worst customer service interactions i've ever had, wasn't until i asked to for her supervisor that she fixed the issue by dropping down to a LOWER plan and got the 2 channels i previously had.  Error was never resolved until I did that. So idk if its the HD that is causing it or what, but once back to lower plan, bingo, the channel with this error message is fine.  dump all the bells and whistles, they cause nothing but headaches.  

4 comcast employees = 4 different stories.  More than one was incompentent and this one in customer 'retention' didn't give a darn, basically told me i should be happy with the other channels in the package, so what if my fav channel didn't work.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

We apologize for this experience, quilt1. If you still need any assistance with reviewing your service package, billing rates, and channel lineup, we are here to help. Don't hesitate to reach our and send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.