Community Forum

Changing my services and passing along my cablecard to new account/customer referral?

New Poster

Changing my services and passing along my cablecard to new account/customer referral?

Hi Comcast-

Have a friend that's moving into a diffrent unit/service address in my building—so I know its ready and wired for comcast service.

Am hoping to:

1. Remove TV on my Double Play to go Internet only on a Loyalty/Retention Promo at a competitive rate/speed (to avoid cancelling)
  2. Refer my friend to to sign up for a new double play at their service address (new customer)
  3. disassociate/remove the cable/M-card that is currently in use on my account (which I will no longer need when going internet-only)
  4. have that same cable card be activated on my friend's new account/service address–instead of the hassle of me returning the card to Comcast + them getting a new cable card for the same purpose (They now have the Tivo I was using with that cable card already installed)
  5. Self install our own owned modems with the new services, respectively – mine already in use on my account, theirs already hooked up to the coax and recieving signal, waiting for acct signup
  6. Hoping to take care of all of this in with one experienced rep/service interaction–to cut down on time/hassle/confusion. Basically, hopefully one person who can follow the entire thread/goal without anything lost in translation/transfer. My friend and I can easily both be on the same phone for permission, etc. — to more easily faciliate this process.

The idea also being that they can get services up and running more quickly–without Comcast needing to send out a tech—because all the components are already in place. Can someone look into my account and

A) tell me what internet-only promos I'd be eligible for as a current customer
    let me know if the rest of the above is possible and how we'd proceed?

Thanks!