Community Forum

Changing Ownership of a Comcast Account

Highlighted
New Poster

Changing Ownership of a Comcast Account

Hello, I have been on the phone with Xfinity for hours on end. just trying to get my account transferred to my son. Xfinity states now that I Must go into a store and finish the process??????.  can anyone with any knowledge please help out? thanks so much.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-ownership-change

Expert

Re: Changing Ownership of a Comcast Account

@afarris wrote:

Hello, I have been on the phone with Xfinity for hours on end. just trying to get my account transferred to my son. Xfinity states now that I Must go into a store and finish the process??????.  can anyone with any knowledge please help out? thanks so much.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-ownership-change

For the most part, yes, you both would need to go to a Comcast store with identification in order to transfer the account.  This is for your protection, and to keep someone else from changing account ownership without your knowledge.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

@Again  thanks for the response, I have already submitted the paper work via the online portal, signed, dated, and notarized as the documents state. and  I still have to go into a store?? this makes no sense Smiley Sad

Expert

@afarris wrote:

@Again  thanks for the response, I have already submitted the paper work via the online portal, signed, dated, and notarized as the documents state. and  I still have to go into a store?? this makes no sense Smiley Sad

It actually would have been faster  if you had gone to a store.  If you don't hear back in a reasonable amount of time that the account has been transferred post back.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@afarris

Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. @Again is correct. The best and fastest way to complete an account transfer would be for you and your son to go to a local service center with proof of identity to have the account transferred into his name. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.