Community Forum

Changed internet plan

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Changed internet plan

I recently changed my internet only plan (Performancee Internet) to what i believed was Extreme Pro. This new plan was one of several plans which were offered under existing customers, even though the small language clearly stated these plans were available to new customers only.  I asked the rep to confirm the plan & its price, which she did. I did receive by mail the new modem/router which I installed & is currently operating at about a 700% speed increase over the old modem.
 To date, however,  I have received no emailed confirmation of this plan nor a bill for the next payment.  Only after I went to my account did I see the surprise that I was still identified under the old plan & price. The advertised price for the Extreme Pro was $60/mo for 24 months. My old plan cost $86.05/mo, which I am apparently still being billed for. There is no record I can find that mentions the Extreme Pro plan I thought I had agreed to. Is Xfinity going to, at some point, throttle back my download speed, & continue billing me under the old plan as if nothing had changed? 
I am confused & very concerned I have been taken to the proverbial cleaners!!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Changed internet plan

Hi Trekdc. Thank you for creating a post on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing your account and the recent changes made. We want to clarify any questions you may have. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I don't give out compliments to service reps very often, but for Comcast Joe, I am grateful for his help. He answered my questions, followed through with all steps he described, & straightened out the problems I had switching internet plans. I was skeptical that my posting would even be answered or solved, but it was. To me, this is an example of professional excellence & integrity.

Highlighted
New Poster

I changed my plan too from Performance Internet to Performance Internet Flex, effective June 13th.  I received the flex self install kit and it's up and running.  I just got my bill though and instead of being charged $39.99, it's $49.99.  I chatted with someone last week and she said it would be changed to $39.99.  A week later, the bill is still the same amount.  Can anyone please help?  Thanks!

Highlighted
New Poster

The same thing just happened to me as well. I changed my plan from performance starter with 25 mb to the one with 100 mb and flex added for free. I worked fine for about 3 weeks and then all of a sudden i noticed slow speeds. I did a speed test and noticed that i was getting 25 mb downloads. So i went into my bill and find out that I'm back to the performance starter package.  How can they just change your plans without telling you of anything.