Community Forum

Change of channels offered void contract?

New Poster

Change of channels offered void contract?

I signed a two year contract with an agreed upon price for offered service. You just changed my service by taking away TMC. I assume that my contract is now void because you have broken it. Either give me back the channel I contracted for, give me the new higher service at the same price, or cancel my account without penalty.

Expert

Re: Change of channels offered void contract?

@ekirkw8235 wrote:

I signed a two year contract with an agreed upon price for offered service. You just changed my service by taking away TMC TCM. I assume that my contract is now void because you have broken it. Either give me back the channel I contracted for, give me the new higher service at the same price, or cancel my account without penalty.

4. CHANGES TO SERVICES

Subject to applicable law, we have the right to change our Service(s), Xfinity Equipment, rates and charges, at any time with or without notice to you. We also may rearrange, delete, add to, or otherwise change programming or features or offerings contained in the Service(s), including, but not limited to, content, functionality, hours of availability, equipment requirements, speed, and upstream and downstream rate limitations. We may deliver any notice concerning changes to the Service(s) and our relationship with you, including notice of any change to this Agreement, in any one or more of the following ways, as determined in our sole discretion: (1) by posting it on www.xfinity.com or any other website about which you have been notified; (2) by mail or hand delivery to your Premises; (3) by e-mail to the e-mail address for your account in our records; or (4) by including the information on or with your bill for Service(s).

https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yup usual cover my butt speak leagleze so I can go rob someone else.

Gold Problem Solver

The Subscriber Agreement "CHANGES TO SERVICES" paragraph goes on to say:

If any material change negatively affects your Service(s), you have the right to cancel your Service(s). Your continued receipt of the Service(s) for more than 30 days after the change, however, will constitute your acceptance of the change.
Contributor

Despite the notice regarding changes to services that has been provided in this thread, I am also  frustrated  with having channels being taken away, and I already lost a few of them.  Could any of the Comcast/Xfinity employees in the community confirm whether or not the option to cancel a contract within the first 30 days of the change of service is well understood throughout the Xfinity customer service team?  I definitely would like to talk to a customer service rep about that option, and see if I can cancel my services without being penalized.